Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Easy Recipe DIY Essential Oil Toothpaste

I have been paying the big bucks for all natural toothpaste brands, and although they work okay, I sometimes have wondered why I was spending so much for something I could make myself.
Or could I ?

So, I tried a few toothpaste recipes and used the following criteria to judge:
1. Does it leave my teeth feeling clean ?
2. Is the taste bearable ?
3. Is this creamy enough to dissolve the grt of the baking soda ?

After passing my criteria, I came up with the following DIY Essential Oil Toothpaste Recipe:

1/4 (dash under) cup (3-4 oz) baking soda
1/3 tsp Himalayan (or sea) salt
1/4 tsp peppermint essential oil (organic)

Mix all ingredients well in a 4 or 6 oz glass jar and cover tightly. Keep out of direct sunlight and do not swallow the toothpaste. Dip your toothbrush in and brush your teeth as usual. Rinse when finished.

You can change the dilutions slightly to suit your tastes, and if desired, add a drop of organic clove essential oil, tea tree and/or oregano oil (very strong).



No comments:

Post a Comment