Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Easy DIY Deodorant Recipe - Coconut Oil and Essential Oils

I had been buying expensive but very good deodorants at our local co-operative market. After doling out $8 for each of the deodorants, I decided to experiment. I made a couple of deodorants from just baking soda and essential oils. They were decent, but messy.

Add extra virgin organic Coconut Oil to the mix...
So, I have been using this recipe I made for several weeks now and I swear by it.

Easy DIY Deodorant Recipe with Coconut Oil and Essential Oils

Ingredients:
1/8 cup (2 oz/60 ml) extra virgin organic Coconut Oil (softened to a liquid)
1 Tbs cornstarch (or arrowroot)
2/3 Tbs baking soda
15 drops organic Lavender essential oil
(optional - a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil, if skin is not sensitive)

Process:
Mix all in 1/4 cup (4 oz) glass jar. Dig a little out with a small spoon, your fingers, etc and apply under your arms when needed.

I use this in the morning after I wake up, after I run - if I don't have time to shower before carting kids around and after I shower.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment